Thursday, December 18, 2008

For Audrey and her Mother


Audrey and Her Mother

This beautiful little flower,
rests in my arms today.
A wonderful gift from heaven.
In my heart will always stay.

As I hold her tenderly,
her future fills my mind.
How can I help this little one,
avoid the pains that have been mine?

I will show her every day,
by the way I live my life.
I will be your closest friend,
through your toils and pain and strife.

Years from now, when life is gone.
I will still be Audrey's mother.
This union is Eternal.
As her mom, there is no other.






6 comments:

The Fossetts said...

So beautiful. :)

Don N Beck said...

How special....

Kellie said...

That is SO sweet! I was tearing up. Can he write one for Audrey's AUNT?? Specifically an aunt that starts with a K... and ends with an ellie?? ;) jk. That was a very tender poem! I loved it!

Natalie said...

I have a confession. He didn't actually write it for Audrey but I got permission to put her name in the place of the other name he used. (He said anyone could replace the name and use it.) I need a cute picture of Audrey and Amy together! (Hint,hint. Maybe Sunday if we are still invited over??)

Anonymous said...

That is sweet!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Natalie! Best wishes to you and your family.