Saturday, September 27, 2008

Who knew?
































Thursday Lon and I were invited to meet Pat and Janice (Lon's sister and brother in law) at San Onofre State Beach for the day. We arrived early so Lon could surf (I forgot my camera for that photo shoot) Then we took a nice walk along the beach, got back to the cabin and visited and decided to go to town and look around then later went back to fix dinner (A great dinner of steak, onions, mushrooms, salad and bread! We ate outside near the beach and it was so fun and so beautiful outside.

After dinner Pat asked if we'd like to go and hunt for "treasure" with his medal detector he borrowed from his dad. "WHO KNEW?" Who knew that could be so much fun? I really wasn't sure what I was so excited about? Was it the thought of finding something under the sand? Was it actually hearing the detector beep clearly when it found medal? Or was it Pat? He actually had me clapping when we found this fun "treasure!" (photo: upper top) We found 3 small cars, several pop tops from soda cans and beer caps and $1.63! Let me tell you, that was so... much fun but that wasn't the treasure I found valuable. It was being with Lon and Janice and Pat and having such a great day together! (THANK YOU for the invitation and it really was a great day!)

4 comments:

Shelley said...

What a nice day, delicious dinner and with great company. Isn't it funny - the things that can bring so much excitement into ones life? It's great when we can have those moments as adults.

Brooke said...

That does sound so fun... there is something so thrilling about the unknown :)

Glad you had a wonderful time visiting with the fam too :)

Kellie said...

Mom-I love your enthusiasm! I hope I have inherited that gift. What a fun fun fun day!!! Next time you'll have to take the train!

Don N Beck said...

I feel as though I was there!! I love you Natalie, you're so special. And Pat and Janice are such special people, what fun that getaway was!